Thursday, June 2, 2011

Challenges of Non-objective art


I love working non-objectively it suits my impatient nature at times.  It allows me to work much quicker then if I were painting something that required a lot more details. However, non-objective art creates some very unique challenges. I'm never quite sure when to call a non-object piece of art work finished...

Tell me what you think?  Does it need anything else?

I really love the process that I went through in creating this painting.  This piece was commissioned, but the only requirements given were that it needed to be non-objective, similar to the painting I have over my couch (can be seen in an earlier blog: Fear and Loathing Art Making), and it needed to include blue. I started the yellow back ground months ago but was not ever really sure how I wanted the painting to end up. It was not until I found the rectangular, rusted metal object on the left side of the painting that inspiration hit, and the rest is history.

1 comment: